Days of Service
Your business or organization can help us serve more students!
WHAT IS A DAY OF SERVICE LIKE AT THE FARM?
Days of Service are scheduled on weekdays and can range from a few hours to a full day. The Farm staff will work with you to coordinate a selection of projects at a variety of skill levels, such as:
- Farmer for a Day: planting, weeding, mulching, pruning
- Barn Raising: constructing season-extension structures and beds
- Green Thumbs: propagating and tending seedlings
- Indoor: organizing educational materials for distribution, sprucing up classrooms
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM A DAY OF SERVICE
Working directly with the Farm staff and Volunteer Coordinator, your team will build relationships as they enjoy satisfying work in a beautiful landscape. For our business and corporate groups, we ask for a minimum donation of $500 to facilitate a service experience planned specifically for their group. Your financial contribution allows us to purchase materials for your group’s service projects, provide coordination of lunch and other hospitality, and provide photos and social media promotions of your business, while mitigating the cost of developing our programming to serve more Baltimore City School students.
WHO else has volunteered at the Farm?
Many organizations, big and small, have come to the Farm for volunteer projects. Recent participants include:
- Enterprise Community Partners
- McCormick & Co.
- Ernst & Young
- Pessin Katz Law
- The Target Corporation
- and many others!
what else do I need to know?
In planning your Day of Service, consider the following:
- Scheduling several months in advance is recommended. The Farm hosts two volunteer projects per month. We generally are not able to schedule requests a few weeks out.
- Groups of 15-30 adults are preferred. Larger groups can be accomidated with enough advance notice. Participants should come prepared for outdoor work in a variety of weather conditions by wearing comfortable work clothes and closed toed shoes, both of which may get dirty. Everyone should bring a water bottle, sunscreen, and bug spray.
While we ask a minimum of $500, donations scaled for larger groups helps us offer a wider variety of fun and engaging projects. Your business can earn tax credits for half the value of your gift. For more information or to discuss making a donation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.